Wednesday 5 November 2014

Autumn 2014: An Ode to YSL… and Tomato Soup

“Aprils have never meant much to me, autumns seem that 
season of beginning, spring.” 
Breakfast at Tiffany's, Truman Capote

This week I was looking through my collection of polishes for something that screamed 'autumn'. There was one bottle screaming 'pick me' as loud as possible. Given to me as a gift and previously ignored through the summer months, La Laque Couture in Ambre Gingembre by Yves Saint Laurent was finally ready to shine.



I added some glitter and black touches to the nails, but it wasn't until I was sitting down to dinner that I realised… my nails are a very similar shade to Heinz tomato soup, and my polka dots look like black pepper. 

Soup aside, I'd highly recommend this polish - two coats provides fantastic, long-lasting coverage and YSL brushes are lovely and wide for easy application. Buy it for £18.50 from Debenhams.



No comments:

Post a Comment