Tuesday 12 August 2014

The Blink-182 Effect

It isn’t every day three middle-aged men with guitars encourage you to restart your beauty blog again, but that’s exactly what happened after I saw Blink-182 perform at Brixton Academy.

As you’ll notice from previous blog posts, I love a theme. So the night before the Blink gig there was only one thing for it – paint Blink-182’s Untitled album cover on my thumb. Yup, I’m one cool kid.  Within minutes of uploading a photo onto Instagram, my phone was going crazy with Blink-182 fans liking the picture, even Blink-182’s official account hit the like button, not that I’m bragging or anything…


After spending the weekend feeling like a Z-list celebrity with so many notifications, I thought I’d start blogging again for anyone wanting some nail art inspiration.

For those of you who've landed on this page thinking you were getting a music review, apologies. What I will say is that it was incredible. Blink-182 rocked my little world. I laughed, I cried, I got kicked in the head by a crowd-surfer, someone’s pee definitely splashed up my leg, I did my best Tom-DeLonge-I-Miss-You-voice as loud as I could… I’d happily talk about this gig from now until I stop breathing, but they’ll be performing again at Reading Festival so I should probably get my tent packed.

Here’s the set list for those of you interested –


The list misses off Family Reunion and a Mark Hoppus drum solo. I repeat: A Mark Hoppus drum solo. 

I’d now love to end with lyrics from ‘Family Reunion’, but I’m not pop punk enough to get my blog reported. Y’all know what I did to your mom anyway… x

No comments:

Post a Comment