Thursday 11 September 2014

Birthday girl

Ah birthdays, so bittersweet – celebrations, presents, and chocolate for breakfast, mingled with the reality that you’re another year older.

My initial idea for ‘birthday nails’ was to go all out with cake and balloon designs, but I realised I wouldn’t have a chance to change them for a few days so opted for something slightly more subtle. The birthstone for September is sapphire, so I chose dark blue and plenty of sparkle – no birthday should be without glitter.

I wrote my age in polka dots. Can you read the digits?



Last year I attended a nail art masterclass with Sophy Robson (you can read about it at Cosmopolitan UK). One of the tips I took away with me is that glitter nail polish looks even better when layered with other glitter nail polishes – just keep adding different shapes and colours. With this in mind I layered OPI ‘Absolutely Alice’ and Topshop ‘3D’, with my no.1 glitter: YSL  ‘Feuille D’Or’. I’m really not looking forward to trying to get it off!


It’s been a me-me-me kind of week, because as well as my birthday I also said goodbye to the job I’ve had for over a year.  The beautiful and thoughtful girls I worked with couldn’t have found me a more apt leaving card…






No comments:

Post a Comment