Sunday 7 September 2014

Heavenly hot dogs: Ketchup or mustard?

“Has anyone got a meat-coloured nail polish please?”

This beauty blog has quickly morphed into a food blog – apologies to anyone I’m making hungry. Just take comfort in the fact you are not alone, our waistbands our expanding together.

Hot dogs are my favourite food. There, I confessed. I know they’re gross, and I know all the nasties in them are likely to contribute to my demise, but seeing a sign for a footlong hot dog never fails to put a smile on my face.

I’ve been talking about Bubbledogs for at least a year – it’s a Champagne Bar that only serves hot dogs. I’m not overly fussed with Champagne – give me a G&T any day, but I’m willing to make allowances when the hot dog menu is so good. For no reason in particular, it’s taken me a while to visit. With it being my birthday weekend, I put Bubbledogs top of the places I wanted to visit. I feel sorry for the girls at work, because it must be all they've heard me talk about this week.

Friday night arrived and off we trotted to 70 Charlotte Street, to be told at Bubbledogs that the wait was an hour and a half. Quelle horreur! With a charming Draft House round the corner to keep us entertained, our names went on the list – an iPad to be precise. Despite being told there was a long wait, they had us inside within 30 minutes *high five*.

Choosing which hot dog to go for was tricky, ohhh the choice! In the end, three hot dogs arrived between two of us – hey, it was a birthday celebration okay?!

Here are the chosen ones:

Sloppy Joe - Bubbledogs beef chilli, cheddar cheese & chopped onions.

Mac Daddy - Macaroni & cheese, crispy onions, and bacon bits.

Reuben - Grilled sauerkraut, russian dressing, melted Swiss cheese.

They were all delicious. Ditto the sweet potato fries.

Of course, no meal at Bubbledogs is complete without a hot dog manicure…



No comments:

Post a Comment