Friday 12 September 2014

New York Fashion Week S/S 15

Looks like my New York Fashion Week tickets got lost in the post. Oh, yours too? Guess we need a new postman. 

Fortunately, Instagram and Twitter have been around to keep us updated with the collections and beauty looks. Well folks, New York gives good nail art. 

Here's a round up of my top five nail art looks from NYFW Spring / Summer 15 (in no particular order)…

1. CND had a massive presence at New York Fashion Week this year, ticking off quite a few shows. My top pick has to be Jan Arnold's contribution to Libertine. The nails made me nostalgic, creating letters out of Hama beads! The letters were then attached to nails to spell 'Libertine!' I'm now fighting off the urge to head to my local toy shop for some beads to iron. They also used 3D skulls complete with moveable jaws. Impractical but a lot of fun.


Photo credits, all taken from the following Twitter accounts: Left: @kelseyMManning, centre: @chelipj, right: @SamanthaSweet.

2. Founding Creative Director of Colour Prevails and Former Founding Creative Director of Butter London, Nonie Creme created these blue talons embellished with pearls for Honor.  


Photo credits: Instagram @beautydotcom

3. Models at Opening Ceremony headed down the catwalk with moody marble nails, courtesy of Naomi Yasuda. I'll do a how-to on these soon. 


Photo credits: Naomi Nails.

4. I'm awarding points to CND once again for the incredible false nails they created for The Blonds. Every model wore a unique set, which are so detailed. 


Photo credits: CNDWorld.

5. Last but not least are the ombre nails spotted at Monique Lhuillier, created by manicurist Gina Edwards. Sponge at the ready, I'm looking forward to recreating this design. 


Photo credits: Instagram @Nailscluboficial

My 'minimum effort award' goes to Prabal Gurung, for nails by Sally Hansen. I don't dislike them, but I'd probably use a darker background on my own nails. 


Photo credits: @TRESemme.

Will London Fashion Week beat these? Find out next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment