Thursday 16 October 2014

Jamie Crawford Music

“The guitar is a miniature orchestra in itself.” 
- Ludwig van Beethoven

When it comes to music, my Achilles heel is boys with guitars. Stick a man on stage with a decent voice and a stringed instrument (ukeleles don't count, fellas) and I'll buy the gig tickets, CD, and overpriced T-Shirt – sound the groupie klaxon.

Paolo Nutini, Ben Howard, Nick Mulvey, Vance Joy, Jamie Crawford, Hozier... Hold on a sec, did you say 'who's Jamie Crawford?' Well my darlings, he's a talented musician from London who I had the pleasure of going to university with. He'd play at acoustic gigs across our university town – big up Reading – and it was a great change from the usual pre-drink / club / crawl home kind of combination that became the norm – not that there's anything wrong with that. Anyway, I've been a fan ever since and even used some of the old student loan to buy him some recordable CDs. If you like bluesy pop then you'll love the sound.

Jamie and his band – hey, Charlie and Craig! – played at The Bedford in Balham this week, in a really cool Globe-style venue. I thought I'd dress my nails up for the occasion, to match the band's latest EP…



They've also got a new music video - if you haven't caught it on MTV yet, watch it here…


You may think I'm bias, but I'm not. The music is genuinely cracking and if you want confirmation just check them out for yourself:

Head to iTunes and download the first EP, You're a Lion Next to Me, here; or the second, Wish Me Luck, here.

Check Facebook for the latest events, follow the adventure on Twitter, or have a listen on Soundcloud.

Got a new band you love? Let me know. Maybe I can become an independent version of BBC Introducing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment