Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year, nail addicts! I spent New Year’s Eve partying with my best friend and wanted to make sure my nails were in good shape for the momentous occasion.

Where did I get my inspiration? If you’ve read the ‘About Me’ section, you’ll already know that I love Michelle Humphrey. She was behind Lily Cooper’s (née Allen) NYE nails. She tweeted this snap below:


I opted for something similar, but added some diagonal black tips and some Ciaté Caviar pearls:



Background colour: Ciaté in 'Ladylike Luxe'. Black tips: Ciaté in 'Twilight'. Pattern: Chanel 'Kaleidoscope' (479) and WAH / Model's Own nail art pen in black. Ring Finger: Ciaté Caviar Pearls in 'Bumble Bee'. Top Coat: Essie 'Good to go' rapid dry top coat. 

Have you tried Caviar pearls yet? What do you think? I really like them, but find they don’t stick to the tips very well. It involves a lot of filling in. I know some people dislike the texture of them, but I think they’re fabulous. It’s also highly addictive picking them off. I feel sorry for the guy sat next to me on my commute – he ended up with plenty of pearls on his Kindle this evening, as I merrily chipped away at my nails. Oops…

In other Ciaté news, their next nail kit is all about colourful nail foil. There have been pearls, velvet, sequins and now ‘Colourfoil Manicure’. I know it will be out in the US soon, but does anyone know when it’ll hit the UK? I want it now! It looks AMAZING!








No comments:

Post a Comment