Sunday 6 January 2013

You're a wizard, Harry!


I’m a Harry Potter GEEK and proud. Nothing makes me happier than dressing up like Bellatrix Lestrange and running around screaming "I killed Sirius Black" in a high-pitched voice. God bless Helena Bonham-Carter! 

This weekend I finally found myself at Warner Bros. for the The Making of Harry Potter Studio Tour. I’m trying to write this without sounding like the biggest fangirl ever, but… OH-MY-GOOD-GOLLY-AUNT-PETUNIA-AND-UNCLE-VERNON, it was magical. 

Anyway, back to business! When it comes to nails, I love a theme. Visiting the HP studios was the perfect occasion for some wizardy nail art. 

The nails are far from perfect, in fact some of them are pretty terrible. The main thing is, I got into the spirit of things and the Warner Bros. staff loved them. 



In case you can't make them out, allow me to explain:

Left hand (from thumb to little finger): Harry Potter, Ravenclaw colours, Quidditch hoops, Slytherin colours, the Deathly Hallows symbol.
Right hand (from little finger to thumb): Hedwig, Gryffindor colours, gold snitches, Hufflepuff colours, Voldemort / Prof. Quirrell .

Another thing I love is merchandise. Unfortunately, I’m a slave to consumerism most of the time. The Harry Potter gift shop was my paradise. I could probably spend more money in there than in Selfridges, and that’s saying something. 

The first thing that caught my eye was Hedwig. I was tempted to buy the stuffed owl, but at £24.95 I decided to use him as a picture opportunity for my nails instead… 



When I started at Hogwarts, I was sorted into Slytherin. Okay, I should shush now. While I was at university, my talented friend Vicky knitted me this Slytherin Scarf. After letting go of Hedwig, I bought a Slytherin embroidered patch for my scarf instead. I can’t wait to sew it on.



After resisting Hermione’s time-turner necklace (and believe me, I wanted it a lot), I settled for a Slytherin wax seal stamp set. My letters just got a darn sight cooler.



See you around, Muggles. x

PS: Butterbeer is delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment